Do you want to work out in the privacy of your own home – but you’re worried about space constraints? Or maybe you’re afraid your workout sessions will make too much noise and bother your neighbors?
If either of these two concerns is preventing you from exercising, Allan Domb Real Estate is here to help you overcome these obstacles. There are plenty of great exercises you can easily do in your apartment regardless of its size and without the worry of annoying your neighbors.
Here are just a few of the most apartment-friendly exercises you can use for your at-home workouts!
Squats and Lunges
Two great ways to build lower body strength, squats and lunges can be performed just about anywhere and without the need for expensive or noisy equipment. If you’re not familiar with these two exercises, allow us to explain the various steps for each.
How To Do Squats
- Stand up straight in a clear area of your apartment
- Keep your feet spaced shoulder-width apart
- Staring straight ahead lower your body (similar to sitting on a chair)
- Once your thighs are parallel with the floor, slightly move your upper body forward
- Stand back up straight and repeat the previous steps 10 more times
How To Do Lunges
- Stand up straight with your feet a few inches apart
- Step forward using only your right leg
- Start to lower your body until your right thing is parallel to the floor, your right shin is vertical to the floor and your left knee taps the floor
- Raise yourself back up using your right heel
- Once you’re standing straight up, repeat the previous steps using the left leg
Similar to the classic push-up, the plank is a great beginner exercise that effectively (and quietly) strengthens your core and upper body. Performing planks will require you to fully extend your full body length, so you may need to move your coffee table to give yourself enough room (and to roll out an exercise or yoga mat for extra padding).
How To Do Planks
- Extend your body with your face down (similar to a push-up position)
- Allow only your toes and your forearms to touch the floor
- Hold this position for 10 seconds
- Take a break
- Helpful Hint: Over time, you will be able to hold the position for longer periods of time
Yoga is an all-purpose apartment-friendly exercise. Not only can you do it just about anywhere, it’s incredibly quiet and it improves your body strength, flexibility, and balance. Plus, it helps you experience acute senses of clarity and relaxation that help you focus on the day ahead or unwind when the day is over.
You don’t have to leave your apartment to work out. With these apartment-friendly exercises, you’ll be able to work out at your own pace and convenience from the comfort of your home.
Luxury Philadelphia Condos and Apartments with Fitness Centers
If you’re looking for more advanced exercise and workout options (but do not want to bother with joining a local gym), you’ll be happy to know that many of Allan Domb Real Estate can show you a piece of Philadelphia real estate that features an on-site fitness center as part of their community amenities and accommodations.